Company: Metropolitan Care Services Limited
Salary: £8.50 – £9.00 P/H
City: Greater London
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Care Supervisor
Purpose of role
To make sure service users receive excellent quality care and support to help them remain safe and comfortable in their own homes. Compassion, good communication and management skills together with a calm and caring manner are vital for this important role in our company.
Manage supervision, provide support that responds to each service user’s needs and preferences. Support each service users to live their life the way that they choose as far as they are able. Respect service users’ choices and promote their dignity and privacy at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work well with Service users ‘prior to each service commencing, carry out with service users, and / or their chosen representatives, an assessment of what the service user needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment.
- Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the service user’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy.
- Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date and escalate concerns without delay.
- Provide the service user and where appropriate their representatives with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns.
- Keep all information about service users and their families secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our service users.
Work well with staff
- Lead and develop a team of carer(s) and make sure work is allocated fairly, provide advice, induction, training and supervision to the carer(s). Give care assistants information and guidance to safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan. Provide induction, training and supervision to care assistants.
- Work with the Metropolitan Care Services Limited, Care coordinator to appropriately match care assistants to service users and manage the flow of work.
- Attend the service user’s first call to introduce the care assistant, report changes to care schedules without delay to the coordinator, service users and care assistant.
- Distribute, collect and monitor MAR charts and act appropriately on findings, take part in the out of hours’ emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties.
- Arrange and manage staff changeovers and briefings in the absence of the registered manager.
- Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and implement improvement actions.
- Monitor the performance of care assistants and carry out quality reviews at the service user’s home to make sure the service is being delivered in line with company procedures.
- Apply Metropolitan Care Service Limited User’s Care policies and procedures at all times and make sure accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon.
- Make sure that care and support is provided in line with regulations, work effectively with service users, their families and representatives, other social and health care professionals and managers and staff from Metropolitan Care Services Limited to deliver high quality homecare services.
Work well as part of the Metropolitan Care Services Limited care team, work flexibly to meet business needs, lead staff and service users, review meetings, lead and partake in training activities.
Essential criteria and Personal attributes
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support and those providing these services.
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own. Commitment to anti-discriminatory care practice.
- Commitment to respecting the rights of service users at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence.
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and to follow instructions.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent time keeper and reliable, Professional, smart appearance, Knowledge and understanding.
- Good understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and the principles of good care practice.
- Knowledge of effective care and support planning that is centred on the individual needs and wishes of each Service user.
- A relevant social care qualification or equivalent, understanding of what confidentiality means in relation to homecare services and why this is important.
- Excellent understanding of health and safety matters in relation to homecare services and of safeguarding people at risk of harm.
Experience and skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with service uses, their families, and social and health care professionals.
- Experience of providing care and support to Service users with all aspects of their daily living in a way that respects their dignity, promotes their independence, choices and privacy.
- Experience of supervising staff in social or health care services, proven ability to carry our risk assessments and care and support planning centred on the individual needs and wishes of each service user.
Key Qualifications Required
- Hold a valid DBS (Preferably registered with the online service checker) or wiliness to undergo DBS check.
- Good level of English.
- Good level of IT skills.
- QCF Diploma Level 3 OR equivalent.
- Right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must have over one-year experience in care.
- Able to work full time and do a mixture of early/ late and weekends or nights.
- Wiliness to undertake relevant training.
Previous experience of working in a registered care service would be beneficial. A full UK current driving license. If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply to this position below.